* Subaltern Records is a label which supports quality Bass Music, with support from the likes of Vivek, N-Type, BunZer0, Syte, DJ Foster, Bakir. The label hosts a fortnightly radio show on award-winning online radio station Sub.fm (Subaltern Radio every 2nd Thursday 2-4PM GMT), and is constantly busy running popular label nights across the UK and EU.
* Belgian Producer Clearlight provides three examples of experimental, meditative yet bass-heavy and dancefloor suitable tracks.
* Circular Thinking is a tribal track with a shamanic feel. The incessant triplets drum groove and the multitude of organic elements and sound FXs takes the listener through a journey, topped by a sinister psychedelic vocal sample.
* Jata retains the tribal feel while fusing Reggae and Dub influenced horns and samples. The driving percussion beat vanishes throughout the breakdown, and unpredictably evolves into a oneiric carillon-lead outro.
* Finnish prodigy and new System Music signing LAS re-thinks Circular Thinking into a syncopated dancefloor weapon, with pumping subs and added atmospherics which provide a totally different interpretation on the original feel.
*Digital Bonus Muddy is an introspective piece which shows Clearlight's talent in a different form. The organic sounds and psychedelic feel of the track makes you feel like 'playing tennis in the Jungle' while having to watch out for dangerous creatures.
Taiko remix Biome
Rdg & Hitman
Drum & Bass