Release date: 08.11.2011
Music Style: Headz
Article No.: 1736947 / TRULP239
Shapes 11:01', out on double CD and double vinyl (featuring 2CD inside) on 10th October, is the latest in Tru Thoughts' highly regarded label compilation series, compiled by Robert Luis.
* Featuring exciting artists including Skream, Aloe Blacc, Tawiah (Warners) and Mark Pritchard (Warp), alongside great Tru Thoughts regulars Quantic, Belleruche, Nostalgia 77, Zed Bias, Benji Boko, Hidden Orchestra, Lanu, Hint and more
* A selection of current tunes, plus lots of upfront exclusive new music, new remixes and a couple of classic cuts
* One of the UK's most established independents, Tru Thoughts is home to a roster of emerging talents and successful established acts alike. This collection takes the listener on a sonic tour of the Brighton based imprint in 2011, ranging from cutting edge, bassy dancefloor heat through esoteric jazz to deep, entrancing electronica and acoustic folk stylings, touching on blues, soul, dub, Cumbia and much in between.
* CD1 is an uplifting yet more laid back listen, with lush instrumentals and finely crafted songs, and disc 2 picks up the pace and heads for the dancefloor.
* With a host of new signings on the label this year, this compilation brings the first music from new acts including the LA based, half New Zealander/half Japanese musical prodigy Mark de Clive-Lowe, who recently unveiled his upcoming 'Renegades' album on Gilles Peterson's BBC R1 show; and Anchorsong, a Japanese beatmaker and multi-instrumentalist, much championed by Huw Stephens (BBC R1).
* More new music from Hint, and Kinny (who features on De La Soul's upcoming single, which will bring her to wider attention).
* The immense, bassy Debruit remix of Brazilian/British funk band Saravah Soul also gets a highly anticipated release; while Maddslinky delivers a killer new rework of the majestic Hidden Orchestra which has been huge in his DJ sets.
* Two exclusive songs signed specifically for this comp, having pleased the crowds in Robert Luis' DJ sets and U
Tracks on this Album